Just Like That ! Tommy Cooper
Click a time to book tickets
- Sat 06 Oct 2018
About the show
Hambledon Productions with the kind support of
The Tommy Cooper Estate and Vicky Cooper Present
JUST LIKE THAT! THE TOMMY COOPER SHOW
Tommy Cooper was a true comic genius. His impeccable timing, misfiring magic, trademark fez and quick-fire gags made him an international star and a true icon of the 20th Century. Now, over 30 years since his untimely passing, the appetite for his surreal slapstick, classic routines and snappy one-liners, continues to be re-discovered by old and new fans alike.
"JLT!" continues to wow audiences after sell-out success at London’s Museum of Comedy and an extensive UK tour. This all-encapsulating show features John Hewer (Tony Hancock, Hancock's Half Hour - The 'Lost' Episodes, Harold Steptoe, Steptoe and Son) giving "a perfect illusion of time travel" (The Lost Review) and delivering "nuances both obvious and subtle" (TmeOut) as the man in the fez.
The show, first produced in 2014, has enjoyed enormous success across the UK and features classic favourites such as “spoon-jar”, “bottle-glass” and the hilarious “Hats” routine, combined with hidden gems and bumbling magic from Cooper’s extensive back catalogue.
John Hewer “captures the Cooper style, from the mumbled speech and loud laughter to the awkward giant-body language” (The Stage) as he brings Cooper back to life in this family-friendly show that’s a must for all generations of knockabout comedy.
For die-hard Cooper fans, it’s the chance to relive those memories and join in the groan-worthy gags and famous routines (plus plenty of lesser-known surprises and belly laughs!) For others, it’s a perfect evening of music-hall inspired entertainment that’ll have you rolling in the aisles – jus’-like-that!
Complete with live musical accompaniment, this highly acclaimed tribute show is “a loving ode to a comic oddball” (Beyond The Joke) and is the perfect celebration of Britain's favourite comedian.
“If you fancy a trip down memory lane, then it’s ticket, money, money, ticket – just like that!” - Chortle
• “Full of inspired lunacy and deep, belly laughs” – Time Out
• “John Hewer is excellent! He’s picked up the nuances both obvious and subtle” – Everything Theatre
• “John Hewer captures the Cooper style, from the mumbled speech and loud laughter to the awkward giant-body language” – The Stage
• Very much a loving ode to this comic oddball” – Beyond the Joke
• “It delivers on every one of it’s promises. As a love letter to Tommy Cooper, it’s sealed with a loving kiss” – Broadway Baby
• A perfect illusion of time travel” – The Lost Review
• “No one can rival the original, but this is closest you are going to get to seeing Tommy Cooper on stage” – Black Diamond FM
• “If you fancy a trip down memory lane, then it’s money, ticket, ticket, money – JUST LIKE THAT!” – Chortle
“The dear boy’s a comedy genius!” – Leslie Phillips CBE
• “I never believed it would be possible to recreate the unforgettable Mr. Cooper. John Hewer has proved me wrong.” – Robert Ross (Comedy Historian)